Skip to main content

Royal Enfield India

Enfield Bullet 350cc / Enfield India

Motorbike in Goa, fun to be had on classic British motorbikes in India (made in India)

(click pictures to enlarge) I don't have a motorbike licence in England but have always wanted to drive a big bike, so in India how could I resist the Enfield? Not really a performance bike, more a cruiser I never saw the speedo over 40 m.p.h they have a lovely sound more like a lawn mower than a motorbike. Most Indian bikes are not that well looked after, but a rough bike is just as much fun to get used to.

These days in Goa it is no longer illegal to hire a motorbike and you can now hire an official tourist bike, much more civilised.

 
My 1995 bike

My 1995 bike

My 1994 bike

My 1995 bike

My 2003 bike

My 1994 bike

My 1995 bike

My 2003 bike

My 1994 bike


 My 2009 bike a 'tourist bike'

2012 - Royal Enfield Bullet 350cc 'Machismo' special edition.


I will sort the bikes into date order when I get round to it but here is info on the bikes:

My 1994 bike. Was knocked off by a Japanese man on a scooter and broke a bone in my foot. The bike was a very good one and mechanically very smooth with lots of protection bars.

My 1995 bike. Was still a very smooth bike but not as good as '94, it also lacked protection bars.

My 2003 bike. Almost a nightmare! The chain fell off, the battery died, the back light did not work, there were no protection bars and the gears were very hit and miss. Still great fun to drive though! It also had a side stand, very handy.

My 2009 bike: a standard Bullet but a 'hire bike' it was absolutely knackered, kept breaking down as it was so abused as a hire bike. This bike broke down so much that I had other Yamaha bikes while it was being repaired, some of them much to fast for India roads. I always enjoyed getting the Enfield back. Driving a tourist bike does mean that you don't fear the police... as much!

My 2012 bike: was a 'machismo' special in British racing green. This was a very nice bike but more powerful than the standard 350cc Bullet due to a longer throw in the cylinder. However this did make it more dangerous!

I was in Gos again in 2013 but refused to hire a motorbike, as then I was doing my voluntary conservation and the money was tight. I got about on a really dilapidated bicycle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My stereos - a history

My Stereo(s) (Hi-fi) The rise and fall and rise again. A History of my stereo endeavours.

Part 1 - from a radio to the Pioneer

Part 1 | Part 2 | My stereo in June 2015

This is no boast but I love my stereo. Having a good stereo is the centre of my life and my only essential possession for someone who is not really into possessions.

Early days

I started my stereo life with a radio my Grandad gave me. Then I got my Dad's old setup (record deck and Sinclair System 2000 compact amp) which I added another one of my Grandads radio's to.

My Dad's amp was like this only black:

The Pioneer compact hi-fi

When I got a proper job I was able to start saving for something better and I bought a Pioneer compact Hi-fi which after a time I really started to hate. The Pioneer quality was lacking from this unit and really a lot of it was for show, like the twin display spectrum analyser. I hated the way the cassette and cd decks clunked about. Many things frustrated me with it, like th…

Dell KB522 Wired Business Multimedia Keyboard

Now I have a 24" monitor on my laptop I find that the £5 keyboard is really not up to it. Hence the Dell KB522 Wired Business Multimedia Keyboard. Very nice. I have started my degree in Creative and Professional Wiring this year and think I have a lot of typing ahead, hence the keyboard. It was only once I got this I realised how hard I had to hit the keys on the old one, as first of all with this one it hurt I was hitting them so hard. Pretty much sorted on the computer front now. I bought Dell hoping for longevity from this item. I don't like to buy new stuff all the time from an environmental standpoint.

See also:

My computers a history

My new laptop

Samsung 24" monitor on hdmi laptop

New Dell Keyboard 

My favourite games