Skip to main content

Boom Festival 2010 and 2012

I attended the week long Boom Festival in Idanha-a-Nova, Portugal twice. Once in 2010 and again in 2012. The first time was better as they limited ticket sales to 26.000 the next year it was 36.000 and I just found it too crowded. I mean 1 hour to get a coffee! The main problem with Boom is the booze, which is some generic weak beer. For those of us who stay off the hard drugs the fall back to that booze is pretty rubbish. I found most of the time I was chilling out at the healing area. 2010 was good, an experience. 2012 was overkill for me, and I was in a different place after all my voluntary conservation work, coming direct from Indonesia. I did hope they would select me to DJ, but no luck, I had all my gear with me too, oh well. The 2012 main tent was too small also, not enough shade. Rather than party hard it is a good place to chill out. Food and drink are a pain though, and the second time I was buying only from the supermarket, which they did improve in 2012 over the 2010 version. I also had a go at a sweat lodge, which was significant to me.

Both times I took the Boom Bus from Madrid airport. The second time I had a couple of days in Madrid, which was ok. I'm not going to label the pictures, just enjoy the pretty pictures.

Festival Boom 2010:

 














Boom Festival 2012:




































Comments

  1. We were there this year and it seems that nothing has changed!!! It is definitely a festival to do in our lifeteime!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My stereos - a history

My Stereo(s) (Hi-fi) The rise and fall and rise again. A History of my stereo endeavours.

Part 1 - from a radio to the Pioneer

Part 1 | Part 2 | My stereo in June 2015

This is no boast but I love my stereo. Having a good stereo is the centre of my life and my only essential possession for someone who is not really into possessions.

Early days

I started my stereo life with a radio my Grandad gave me. Then I got my Dad's old setup (record deck and Sinclair System 2000 compact amp) which I added another one of my Grandads radio's to.

My Dad's amp was like this only black:

The Pioneer compact hi-fi

When I got a proper job I was able to start saving for something better and I bought a Pioneer compact Hi-fi which after a time I really started to hate. The Pioneer quality was lacking from this unit and really a lot of it was for show, like the twin display spectrum analyser. I hated the way the cassette and cd decks clunked about. Many things frustrated me with it, like th…

Dell KB522 Wired Business Multimedia Keyboard

Now I have a 24" monitor on my laptop I find that the £5 keyboard is really not up to it. Hence the Dell KB522 Wired Business Multimedia Keyboard. Very nice. I have started my degree in Creative and Professional Wiring this year and think I have a lot of typing ahead, hence the keyboard. It was only once I got this I realised how hard I had to hit the keys on the old one, as first of all with this one it hurt I was hitting them so hard. Pretty much sorted on the computer front now. I bought Dell hoping for longevity from this item. I don't like to buy new stuff all the time from an environmental standpoint.

See also:

My computers a history

My new laptop

Samsung 24" monitor on hdmi laptop

New Dell Keyboard 

My favourite games