writer, musician/DJ, conservationist, webdesigner

Monday, 15 June 2015

My stereo in June 2015

My Stereo(s) (Hi-fi) The rise and fall and rise again. A History of my stereo endeavours.

Part 3 - June 2015

Part 1 | Part 2 | My stereo in June 2015

My laptop Dell Latitude D830 mentioned in the 2013 update is my stereo now, also mentioned in my computers post

I am using the Logitech 5.1 Surround Speakers (with the centre channel speaker disconnected) plugged into the M Audio Fast Track Pro, plugged into the laptop running itunes. Quadrophonic sound! I have a windows 7 remote control. The laptop sits on a Belkin tray for cooling.

Music wise there is 80 gigs in the itunes library 9000 songs. I have my DJ music too but that is huge and not in the itunes library. 

Dell D830 and M Audio Fast Track Pro
Logitech X-540

I still have the Sennheiser HD530 II headphones and bought new earpads from hifiheadphones.co.uk this was my specification with the headphones when I bought them, that I could replace parts. I'd had a string of expensive Pioneer headphones until that point that fell apart in a year. True to the salesman's word back in '94 the Sennheiser's have really lasted. I love their sound quality and over the years that sound quality had improved and improved. With the new parts they look like they did in 1994. My longest surviving stereo component!

Sennheiser HD530 II headphones


Links:

www.sennheiser.com
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unless marked all content and photos are by me and copyright © justintuijl

Top views - last 30 days

Powered by Blogger.